She shared the crucial steps for creating content for every stage of your business, whether you just launched or are just trying out a new product. If you missed out on the BETA Explore, you can read the six key steps to success below! You can also watch the full recording here.
Step 1: First you dream
- Visualize your dream brand, what content do you want to see?
- Is it: Playful? Serious? Colorful?
- Do you see live action videos? Still shots? Models?
Step 2: Define your audience
- Understand your audience (demographics: age, gender, race, income, etc.) of your target market)
- Create channel personas based off that understanding
Step 3: Create content buckets for each stage -- they’ll be your guide.
Content buckets are the different stages of content creation. Launch buckets start in the introduction stage of your business; growth buckets begin in the growth stage; and the beyond buckets kick off at the end of the growth stage / beginning of the shake-out stage.
- Launch bucket: product, how-to, lifestyle (how does it fit in people’s lives?)
- Growth bucket: seasonal (ex. holidays), promotional, testing (what does my audience react to?)
- Beyond bucket: testimonial (show experiences), new products, UGC (user generated content)
Step 4: Make your mood boards (consistency is key)
- Definition: Collage of images, materials, pieces of text, etc. that projects a particular style or concept.
- Pinterest is a great resource
- Make different mood boards for each bucket
- Follow brands that inspire you
Step 5: Schedule your shoots
- Start launch content
- Growth content monthly
- Beyond content quarterly
Step 6: Schedule and post-publish
- Measure (impressions, reactions, etc.)
- Test (try out new things)
What about non-product content?
- Focus on your people/ team
- Add behind-the-scenes content
- Feature the service you offer and how to obtain it
What about B2B content?
- Show problem(s) you’re solving with your service
- Create a mood board around the solution
- Ask yourself: what do your customers want to see?
How to create cohesive content:
- Have a vision
- Remember: you can always change course
- Get out of your comfort zone when testing
Other helpful tips:
- Understand your audience when you’re choosing which social media channels to use: for example, older audiences will use Facebook and younger audiences will use TikTok
- Use ethos (credibility, ethics), pathos (emotion), and logos (logic) to your advantage when creating content!
soona is a content creation platform that makes it simple for e-commerce stores and marketers to create pro photos and videos in 3 easy steps. Learn more here!
BETA is a 501(c)(3) organization that develops Minnesota’s next generation of business leaders by inspiring and educating first-time founders. The BETA Group nurtures startups and small businesses with great scalability potential, so that they can grow to become our next Fortune 100s. Learn more here.